Thursday, August 30, 2007

Prorogue, Darnit!

Jeez, you wouldn't believe the pressure I've been under to prorogue, or is that perogie? Anyway Ralph the Last Grit in Saskatchewan called and said the Ontario Liberals are threatening not to attend Parliament because they have to spend the month of September in their ridings. Something to do with a provincial referendum on MFF.

Even this dog's master is tired out. You're right, it's Kyoto the Malamutt! What an alert little fellow, who bears an uncanny resemblance to his owner, except for the glasses. Too bad he can't fly!

OK, I'm a reasonable guy, so in the interests of parliamentary unity - plus I don't want to face a bunch of riled up Grits just yet - I've booked the Chateau Laurier at 9 am tomorrow for the big announcement. Speech from the Throne, tax cuts, the whole ball of wax. I'm going to roll out the outline of a whole new Promise to Canadians™.

Memo to the Press: I won't be taking questions. You can listen and take pictures, period. In the immortal words of P.E.T., "Just Watch Me!"