Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mea Culpa

It looks like Groundhog Day has come early.

I suppose if I hadn't been so interventionist, Count Ignatula wouldn't have come to lead the Puffin Party of Canada - the party he founded in the summer of 2007 - so easily and so early, and I would still be facing Backpack Boy. But that's politics.

Now we're back to the same old grinding battle, facing a dead broke opposition whose only policy is to say we are doing nothing and I am a bully.

Oh, and the usual piffle from the Ignatula blog: "Harper has created uncertain economic times. They inherited a $12 billion federal surplus and they've spent it down to the red line of deficit."

The Count spoke of the Puffin as "a symbol for what our party should be" - "They put their excrement in one place. They hide their excrement. They flap their wings very hard and they work like hell."

I predict the difference under his leadership will be, the excrement will be better hidden.