Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Not a Real Coalition?

One of my wise friends just emailed me on BlackBerry #2, and said, you're toast, but drag it on as long as you can, then to hell with them, because you will have done all you can for the health of the Canadian economy. All the Coalition of the Damned™ will do is drive up the deficit and the GST.

He said this is not a real coalition, without Duceppe or any bloquistes in Cabinet. It is rotten fruit, and it will fall within the year.

Maybe so, but the confidence of the House is the confidence of the House.

I don't think this government is toast, but I'm afraid these opposition shenanigans are going to drive us into an election we don't need.

More later.
Pix: Serge Chapleau, La Presse - When Reality is Stranger Than Fiction. ("Stéphane, in the end I have always been a fan of your Clarity Act")