Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Curb the Enthusiasm, Guys

The Leader of the UGP (Unnatural Governing Party) has graciously accepted my sincere apology for the unseemly prank perpetrated by some of our over enthusiastic and over refreshed young Party workers. Yes the Puffin doo-doo graphic was pretty sophomoric, and I have told these people that they can do a lot better.

If I had my druthers, all this negative campaigning would not be needed. But it's the playoffs, right?

I must also remind you, dear readers, that we're not entirely to be blamed. The whole Puffin metaphor was dreamed up by Count Ignatula about a year ago on the Rock, when, after having consumed some screech, he innocently opined to a sympathetic reporter,

"They lay one egg each year. They put their excrement in one place. They hide their excrement.... They flap their wings very hard and they work like hell. This seems to me a symbol for what our party should be."

The problem is, comments like that tend to stick.