Monday, September 8, 2008

Here We Go Again

I hope you like the new Softer Stephen©. It's the real me, at least when I'm at home with the kids. On the campaign trail I am a barracuda.

Hey Doug was approached by some freaks from San Francisco who wanted to sell us on the same hypno-political techniques used by Barack Obama, but he laughed in their face and told them to try Jack Layton's office.

As I have already noted, back in January Obama told his audience, "My job is to be so persuasive that if there's anybody left out there who is still not sure whether they will vote, or is still not clear who they will vote for, that a light will shine through that window, a beam of light will come down upon you, you will experience an epiphany … and you will suddenly realize that you must go to the polls and vote for Obama."

I tried channeling Obama, but sorry, I really couldn't keep a straight face.